Hot tub water should be replaced every 3–4 months on average. However, this depends on how many people use it, how often they use it, and how regularly it’s cleaned and maintained.
How to Change Your Hot Tub Water
Changing your hot tub water is an important part of hot tub maintenance and keeping your water clean and clear. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to change your hot tub water:
- Turn off the power to your hot tub.
- Drain the hot tub by opening the drain valve.
- Clean the hot tub interior with a hot tub cleaner.
- Fill the hot tub with a hose to the desired water level.
- Turn the power back on and run the hot tub for at least 20 minutes to circulate the water.
- Add the necessary chemicals to balance the water’s chlorine/bromine, pH, and alkalinity levels.
- Test the water to ensure the sanitizer, pH, and alkalinity levels are balanced.
Meet All Your Hot Tub Needs at Leisure Industries
We are Oakville’s go-to source for all things hot tub! From spa chemicals and cleaners to hot tub accessories, we have everything you need to keep your hot tub in tip-top condition. Visit Leisure Industries today to get the supplies you need for the safest and most enjoyable spa experience!