With summer upon us, it’s time to start thinking about how to host an awesome pool party for your family and friends.
Pools are a great gathering place for people of all ages to meet, mingle and have fun. Check out these tips to make sure you throw the best pool party of 2019!
Pool Party Tips
A great pool party is made up of similar elements that make any gathering enjoyable. If you follow these six key pool party ideas, you’ll have a memorable party that your guests will be talking about all year long.
- Fun Theme – Themes aren’t just designated to Halloween and Christmas. Select a unique theme, plan your décor and food around it, and don’t forget to encourage your guests to get into the spirit of the theme as well.Some pool party theme ideas include: tropical, neon, beach, under the sea, and the 70’s. Your theme can be just about any fantastic idea you can think of. The more fun you have with it, the more fun your guests will too.
- Music is a Must – What’s a party without music? Spend some time putting together a playlist that will have people dancing in the pool. Utilize wireless speakers as well to make sure that your guests can hear no matter where they’re hanging out.
If you don’t have time to put a list together and you subscribe to Spotify or iTunes, type in your theme and see what pops up. Or just find a summer playlist that has a little of everything.
- Floats and Decorations – No matter how old you get pool floats and inflatables never stop being cool. Find a bunch that go along with your theme, blow them up and toss them in the pool. An air pump is suggested to save time (and your lungs!).A few simple pool decorating ideas can include beach balls, floating drink holders, floating rafts, inflatable animals and anything else that your guests can toss around, create a game with, or simply relax in.
- Games and Activities – Once everyone goes for a dip and has a couple cold beverages, suggest your guests play some pool party games you already have set up. Basketball in the pool or some flip cup or bocce outside of it are always great ice breakers to help everyone get to know each other a little better.
- Cold Drinks and Fresh Food – Have an excess of coolers stocked full of ice and with a variety of cold drinks outside in the shade. This keeps people from dripping on the floors of your home as they go in and out to grab a drink. Keep an assortment alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks on hand so everyone’s drink preferences are covered.
For snacks, try a variety of finger foods and avoid options that may be too heavy. You don’t want a guest getting a cramp while swimming! Make sure to offer vegetarian and vegan options to include everyone’s needs. Make sure to keep all food in a shady spot and covered with netting or tin foil to ward off the bugs.
- Sunscreen and Shade – It’s so easy to get lost in the fun of the day that your guests may forget to give themselves a break from the sun occasionally. Make sure to have some umbrellas and canopies, as well as comfortable furniture, set up for people to take a break from the heat.
In the midst of their excitement, your guests may also forget their sunscreen. Have a few extra bottles on hand and make sure to remind people that it’s there to use. Nothing ruins the memory of a great party like a sunburn.
If you’re looking to throw the pool party of the year, contact the relaxation experts at Leisure Industries. We have everything you need to host an awesome pool party and more!