THIS PRODUCT IS NOW DISCONTINUED PLEASE SEE THE PRODUCT STAIN OUT FOR ITS EQUIVALENT. Stain and mineral control. Granular sequestrant designed primarily for manganese, iron, copper staining and water discolouration.
1. Adjust pH between 6.8 – 7.2 and let the chlorine level drop below 2 ppm.
2. For pool water discoloration, pour 150 g of 3-MET-O-PLUS per 10,000 L directly over the swimming pool surface. For stain removal, proceed to # 3.
3. Brush affected areas.
4. Add 150 g of 3-MET-O-PLUS per 10,000 L of pool water to a pail of water and apply the concentrated solution along the pool walls and/or in areas where staining is present. Where stains are most prevalent directly brush with the product.
5. Severe staining of surfaces may require up to 300 g of 3-MET-OPLUS per 10,000 L of swimming pool water.
6. Allow the circulation system to run continuously for 24 hours.
7. After 24 hours, adjust pH between 7.2 – 7.8 and alkalinity between 80 – 120 ppm.
8. Do not superchlorinate water for at least 72 hours.
9. Continue to use 3-MET-O-PLUS on a weekly basis to prevent the reoccurrence of staining of swimming pool surfaces or water discoloration.